A part of work in beauty PR is helping our clients master the art of meeting the press and garnering the media interviews that will get them quoted in important articles and stories about their industry and area of expertise. We specialize in beauty, health and wellness, but this rule for interview success can be applied to most industries.
Preparing our client’s as industry experts for trade and consumer media requires that they are on top of their game and well aware of everything that is current, new and predicted for the future in their area of speciality. Sometimes, our clients are so busy in their day-to-day operations and practice that they need help staying on top of it all.
From the start, pre-promotion and before we introduce them to the appropriate writers, editors and analysts, we educate our clients on the importance of:
- Studying the news in their industry daily.
- Identifying their area of expertise.
- Prepare real life case studies to site as examples.
- Reading the trades and setting their Google news alerts.
- Receiving email newsletters/blog posts from the top three sources in their market.
- And learning how to think like a reporter.
We also prepare editorial questions for our clients, before we take them out to meet the media.
- What’s is currently available on the market?
- What are the most valuable breakthroughs in the past six months?
- What have been the greatest advancements in your industry?
- What upcoming developments are you looking forward to in your field?
- What caused your personal interest in this industry?
- What are your opinions on x, w and z in your industry?