Smart marketing strategies aim to provide a people’s revolution. Brands that understand this are learning how to harness the power of their public. Strategies include –
- Providing a platform for customers to share stories (ie. Facebook, your website, a Tumblr blog, Twitter and YouTube)
- Creating emotional connections with their customers by allowing them to share their personal stories.
- Developing a user-generated initiative – letting the public lead – starting the conversation with a timely topic/campaign and letting them comment and curate.
- Harnessing conversation and opinion while turning insights into actions. Listen to what customers say and understand how it can build a better brand.
- Encouraging an open dialogue that is mutually beneficial. Solve their issues and resolve their complaints.
- Giving customers the power to produce and promote your brand.
Image by Swiss photographers Alex and Felix (featured photo today).